Companion Algorithm image analysis software
A comprehensive, integrated approach
VENTANA Companion Algorithm image analysis software is integrated with Virtuoso image and workflow management software, BenchMark IHC/ISH staining instruments* and the iScan Coreo slide scanner.
- Allows consistent and objective interpretations, verified by a pathologist, for each patient
- Produces a semi-quantitative score
- Reduces inter- and intra-observer variability in the interpretation of IHC stains
The most advanced, clinically validated pathology solutions
Ventana is the only company in the industry to offer a comprehensive portfolio. Our full breast panel includes HER2 (4B5), ER (SP1), PR (1E2), Ki-67 (30-9) and p53 (DO-7) image analysis algorithms for use along with their accompanying VENTANA IHC assays.**
All IHC breast markers in the VENTANA portfolio have both image analysis and digital read application FDA 510(k) clearances. There are two intended uses obtained with the 510(k) clearance:
- Clinical use of the software algorithm to semi-quantify the biomarker
- Digital read, or clearance to manually read and score the biomarker using a computer monitor in lieu of a microscope. This means a pathologist is able to digitally view a slide on a computer monitor, assign a score, and then sign out the case with a diagnosis or opinion, with or without the assistance of an image analysis algorithm.
The VENTANA Companion Algorithm Estrogen Receptor (ER) (SP1) image analysis software
The VENTANA Companion Algorithm HER2 (4B5) image analysis software
The VENTANA Companion Algorithm Ki-67 (30-9) image analysis software
The VENTANA Companion Algorithm p53 (DO-7) image analysis software
The VENTANA Companion Algorithm Progesterone Receptor (PR) (1E2) image analysis software
* ER (SP1) is cleared for use only with BenchMark XT IHC/ISH staining instrument
** The PATHWAY HER2 (4B5) assay is FDA-approved, the CONFIRM PR (1E2) and CONFIRM ER (SP1) assays are FDA-cleared, and Ki-67 (30-9) and p53(DO-7) assays are FDA class 1, exempt in vitro diagnostics.