Anti-Actin, Muscle (HUC 1-1) may be used to aid in the identification of cells of normal and abnormal myocytic lineage as an aid in diagnosis of anaplastic tumors. Anti-Actin, Muscle (HUC 1-1) antibody is directed against an epitope present on muscle isoforms of actin, but not present on the cytoplasmic isoforms. Actin, at the ultrastructural level, consists of the diffusely distributed cytoplasmic microfilaments that characterize muscle cells. Monoclonal antibodies specific to muscle actins have allowed accurate localization to cell types. The clone HUC 1-1 shows similar immunocytochemical and biochemical characteristics to those reported for clone HHF35. In tissue sections, the HHF35 staining pattern and localization (cardiac, skeletal and smooth muscle cells, and myoepithelialcells) roughly parallels desmin reactivity.
- Sawtell NM, et al., Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 11(4):318-25, 1988.
- True LD, Atlas of Diag Immunohistopathology. 1990; JB Lippincott Company Philadelphia.
- Tsukada T, et al., Am J Pathol. 126(1):51-60, 1987.
- Tsukada T, et al., Am J Pathol. 127(2):389-402, 1987.
- Elias JM, Immunohistopathology. ASCP Press, Chicago, 1990.