Lung cancer diagnostic solutions
The statistics associated with lung cancer clearly demonstrate the aggressive nature of this deadly disease. Roche Tissue Diagnostics offers a robust menu of lung cancer diagnostic tools. Our portfolio of IHC diagnostic assays, IHC staining products, and more, deliver the high sensitivity and specificity you need.
Our antibodies are ready to use on the fully automated VENTANA BenchMark IHC/ISH staining platforms, reducing the time-to-result and resources required with manual or semi-automated solutions. VENTANA prediluted, optimized reagents consistently demonstrate superior performance when compared with concentrated antibodies that require manual dilution and in-house validation. 1
Featured lung cancer assays
Our proven portfolio of lung cancer assays can assist in the stratification of disease, including non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC), neuroendocrine carcinoma, and their various subtypes.
Through our partnerships with leading pharmaceutical companies, Roche is working at our industry’s forefront to customize therapy to individual patients. Our companion diagnostics portfolio helps you improve diagnostic accuracy, lab efficiency and patient safety.
Our growing portfolio of sensitive and specific assays is here to aid you in the in the stratification of lung cancers.
1. Assessment Run 48 p40 (ΔNp63) NordiQC. http://www.nordiqc.org/downloads/assessments/83_10.pdf Updated 2016, accessed 21 MAR 2017
2. Bishop, Justin A, Julie Teruya-Feldstein, William H Westra, Giuseppe Pelosi, William D Travis and Natasha Rekhtman. p40 (∆Np63) is superior to p63 for the diagnosis of pulmonary squamous cell carcinoma. Modern Pathology. 2012 Mar;25(3):405-15.
3. Chen, Xiangbai, Yunhau Bao, Rebecca Wong, Katerina Politi, Lizhuo Jiao, Scott Gettinger, Robert Homer, David Chieng, Guoping Cai.  The Role of p40 Immunostain in the Cytological Differential Diagnosis of Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Adenocarcinoma of the Lung. USCAP Abstract. 2013
4. Vogt, Adam P, Cynthia Cohen, Momin T Siddiqui.  p40 (ΔNp63): A Highly Sensitive and Specific Immunohistochemical (IHC) Marker for Diagnosing Pulmonary Squamous Cell Carcinomas (SQCC) in Fine Needle Aspirates. USCAP Abstract. 2013.
5. Tacha, David PhD; Ryan Bremer, PhD; Thomas Haas, DO; Weiman Qi, PhD, MD. An Immunohistochemical Analysis of a Newly Developed, Mouse Monoclonal p40 (BC28) Antibody in Lung, Bladder, Skin, Breast, Prostate and Head and Neck Cancers. Arch Pathol Lab Med—Vol 138, October 2014.
6. Sailer et al. Comparison of p40 (DNp63) and p63 expression in prostate tissues – which one is the superior diagnostic marker for basal cells? Histopathology. 2013. 63: 50–56.
7. Wei Zhao, Hui Wang, Yan Peng, Bo Tian, Lei Peng, Da-Chuan Zhang. ΔNp63, CK5/6, TTF-1 and napsin A, a reliable panel to subtype non-small cell lung cancer in biopsy specimens. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014; 7(7): 4247–4253.
8. Kai Zhang, Hongbin Deng, and Philip T. Cagle (2014) Utility of Immunohistochemistry in the Diagnosis of Pleuropulmonary and Mediastinal Cancers: A Review and Update. Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine: December 2014, Vol. 138, No. 12, pp. 1611-1628.
9. Daniel Misch, Torsten Blum, Christian Boch, Timo Weiss, Catharina Crolow, Sergej Griff, Thomas Mairinger, Torsten T Bauer and Jens Kollmeier. Value of thyroid transcription factor (TTF)-1 for diagnosis and prognosis of patients with locally advanced or metastatic small cell lung cancer. Diagnostic Pathology (2015) 10:21
10. Lung cancer diagnostic solutions product brochure (7009A-5)
11. A. Kargi, D. Gurel, B. Tuna, The diagnostic value of TTF-1, CK 5/6, and p63 immunostaining in classification of lung carcinomas. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2007 Dec;15(4):415-20.
12. N.G. Ordòñez. Value of cytokeratin 5/6 immunostaining in distinguishing epithelial mesothelioma of the pleura from lung adenocarcinoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 1998 Oct;22(10):1215-21.
13. Ye J, Findeis-Hosey JJ, Yang Q, McMahon LA, Yao JL, Li F, Xu H. Combination of napsin A and TTF-1 immunohistochemistry helps in differentiating primary lung adenocarcinoma from metastatic carcinoma in the lung. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2011 Jul;19(4):313-7.
14. Assessment run 45 ALK. NordiQC. http://www.nordiqc.org/downloads/assessments/45_14.pdf Updated 2015, accessed 21 MAR 2017
VENTANA ALK (D5F3) CDx Assay
Accurate and Economical Detection of ALK Positive Lung Adenocarcinoma with Semiquantitative Immunohistochemical Screening
View on PubMed
Diagnostic value of a novel fully automated immunochemistry assay for detection of ALK rearrangement in primary lung adenocarcinoma
View on PubMed
Combination of conventional immunohistochemistry and qRT-PCR to detect ALK rearrangement.
View on PubMed
Dichotomous ALK-IHC is a better predictor for ALK inhibition outcome than traditional ALK-FISH in advanced non-small cell lung cancer
View on PubMed
VENTANA PD-L1 (SP263) Rabbit Monoclonal Primary Antibody
VENTANA lung panel primary antibodies
An immunohistochemical comparison of two TTF-1 monoclonal antibodies in atypical squamous lesions and sarcomatoid carcinoma of the lung, and pleural malignant mesothelioma
View on PubMed
Companion diagnostics for lung cancer
The VENTANA ALK (D5F3) CDx Assay
Clinical guidelines recommend routine testing for genetic mutations in all adenocarcinomas, including ALK EML4 gene rearrangement. Rest assured with VENTANA ALK (D5F3) CDx Assay, the highest performing ALK assay in EQA testing,
The VENTANA PD-L1 Portfolio
VENTANA PD-L1 assays generate results you can trust, so that you can make timely diagnostic decisions and therapeutic choices.
Lung cancer disease state
Learn about the lung cancer disease state, including global incidence, tissue diagnostics and testing guidelines.