For every 10 cancer patients treated, an average of only half will benefit. For some, the treatment won’t have any effect; others may suffer from serious side effects.1 Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. (Ventana) is working at our industry’s forefront to change this dynamic by customizing therapy to individual patients, helping you to improve diagnostic accuracy, lab efficiency and patient safety.
In collaboration with leading pharmaceutical companies, we identify and develop innovative companion diagnostics to target those patients who are likely to respond to specific therapies. Because we recognize the tremendous potential for these solutions, we continue to focus on addressing unmet medical needs by developing the cutting-edge tools you need.
Helping to deliver the promise of personalized healthcare
- Tissue diagnostics: no other technology captures the anatomical context that helps determine patient outcomes and enables Personalized Healthcare:
- Companion tissue tests help determine the best course of treatment
- We are committed to expanding our market-leading HER2 diagnostic franchise
- The VENTANA ALK IHC Rabbit Monoclonal Primary Antibody aids in early detection and treatment decisions for non-small cell lung cancer patients
Partner of choice for companion diagnostics
A global leader in tissue-based cancer diagnostics, we provide a premier end-to-end offering, with expertise at every stage from discovery to commercialization. Working together under one roof, Ventana and pharma increase the efficiency and speed of developing patient selection biomarkers.
- Brings over 200 biomarker projects with over 55 pharma partners with strong track records — reliably on time and on budget
- Reduces biotech companies’ development and commercialization risks
- Provides global access through the Ventana and Roche commercial network and installed base
- Offers a differentiated, broad instrument and reagent portfolio
In the news
Companion diagnostics from Ventana continues to make news in the industry. Check back for updates and links to companion diagnostics’ articles and information.
References 1. Source: Roche Personalized Healthcare brochure, 2011
“We see an enormous potential and huge opportunities in PHC. Targeted therapies and diagnostic tests that help to improve medical decision making not only offer clinical benefits for patients but are also attractive through health economic benefits to regulatory authorities and payers.”
— Severin Schwan, CEO Roche